I got all 10 apostles. Suck it!
What they said
Controls, et cetera.
Also, "Mute" means NO SOUND, not annoying fucking "hup hup hup!"
This game needs
I got to level 64 and got bored. There doesn't seem to be any final level, and submitting a high score would take forever because it's so easy once you've upgraded everything. Still, it was fun for a while.
Metal. There's so much I can say about this game. The graphics are amazing. I'm so glad you used retro graphics that still look awesome so that everyone can play. The sound is great, though I do wish I could mute it sometimes. The gameplay is so deep and exciting. I love running down a huge hill with boulders chasing you. Anyway, I'm sure it's all been said before, so let me just say this shit is fucking metal and I hope you make many more.
WAY too short
It was kind of fun, but only nine missions? Once I got the hang of what I was doing and bought some good equipment, it was over! What's the point of all that? I'm glad you varied the missions instead of making them all "Kill this guy." Shooting the satellite dish was a nice twist, and the last mission was pretty cool as well.
MAKE IT LONGER!
I like the online play. My only real complaint is that you don't have enough time to pick out the music you want before the race starts.
I really enjoyed climbing walls and such. I wish you could control her with the WASD keys however, since I have to use my right hand to shoot arrows. I found myself getting shot before I even knew there was anyone there because I can't switch to the mouse quickly enough. Also, it was a bit short. It would have been nice to be able to turn the music/sound effects off.
A Clickfest of Epic Proportions
Once I figured out that the only way to really beat this thing is to pool most of my points in health and regeneration, this became nothing but sitting there and clicking. Sure, I was doing maximum damage, but it still took me about 15 minutes to beat him. If I wanted to do the same thing all day, I'd go play Pong.
A few other things:
When he shoots his blue laser thing, there's really not any way to dodge it. I stand behind him and it still hits me.
His stab the ground attack hits you even if you jump over it.
When he does his glowy shit, there's not really anything you can do but just wait. Wow, awesome. I waited for this game to load and now I get to... wait. Exciting!
So I finally beat this fucker and thought, "Cool, now I can put some points into magic and learn some spells!" Nope, there just the one guy that takes half a year to beat, and that's it.
How to improve:
More than one level.
The levels don't take forever to beat.
Make it so there's stuff to do other than click.
Fix a lot of bugs (the floating in the air one was rather annoying as well).
Make the music less repetitive. If we're going to be listening to it for an hour, it'd be nice if it changed up every once in a while.
Make it more fun.
A few issues
The game was pretty fun, but there were a couple of things wrong with it:
1. I can't pause. This is basic stuff.
2. Bosses take too long. Maybe this would be better if I could pause?
3. There are too few levels.
4. Sometimes you don't get the fail-safe that it says you do, and sometimes it says you have one, but you can't use it.
5. It's a bit hard. You could fix this by handing out more awards.
6. You can't save the game. Another basic function that, for some reason, is completely absent.
7. You get three lives, and that's it. There are no extra lives to be collected or earned. Plus, there's no continue function.
1. The upgrade system was nice, though it is underused.
2. Enemies varied from level to level.
3. It is possible to mute the sound. Awesome, now I can listen to Protest the Hero.
4. The weapons are pretty sweet, though I think the laser beam is underpowered. It doesn't match up to the other weapons, chiefly because you can fire the missiles and machine gun simultaneously. Make the laser more powerful.
5. The controls were comfortable (though I believe they should be customizable for people such as the gentleman reviewing below me using a German keyboard).
6. The graphics are at a good level. Some people making flash games overdo it, and the game runs much too slowly. You used lower-quality sprites that still look very nice.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.